Audiolab 7000 CDT CD transport is a purist design, with no built in DAC – made to match perfectly with the 7000A or any other external DAC. Available in black or silver to match the 7000A and/or 7000N.
The 7000CDT is a mid priced unit that sits between the 6000 and 9000 series. Major upgrades include a new colour display and a high-quality CD tray, rather than a slot-loading mechanism. The power supply has also been upgraded with a new toroidal transformer.
7000CDT has a high quality disc tray mechanism. The tray is shielded from electromagnetic interference in its own enclosure. Moreover, there is a precision optical system and a low friction loading tray. The new colour display is bigger than the previous one, with more functionality.
The power supply has been upgraded, with a higher quality toroidal transformer and smoothing capacitors. Additionally, the construction and layout has been carefully designed. Shielding has been improved, as has the vibration damping. The damping prevents noise from the high speed motor from entering the electronics.
The 7000CDT has a master clock that is controlled by a very accurate temperature controlled crystal oscillator. As a result jitter should be very low. The coaxial output has it’s own differential line driver, to ensure that a flawless digital signal reaches the external DAC. The DAC in the 7000A amplifier is a great match but any external DAC can be used.
Another useful feature is the USB input. This allows external hard drives to be connected. Files can then be navigated using the colour display, or the supplied remote control. You can play MP3 files as well as WAV, WMA and AAC files.
The strong aluminium case matches the rest of the new 7000 series and the display shows track information as well as information about connected devices. Additionally, the display animation can be turned off and the brightness adjusted.
- General Description: CD Transport and USB HDD player
- USB Storage Device Audio Format: MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV file compatible
- USB Storage Device File System: FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32 device compatible
- Digital Output Amplitude: 500 +/-50mVpp
- Output Impedance: 75Ω
- Frequency Response: -0.01dB (20Hz-20kHz, ref.1 kHz)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) : < 0.002%
- Sampling Rate: 44.1kHz (48kHz files can be played via the 9000CDT but will be resampled to 44.1kHz)
- Digital Output Interface: 1 x Coaxial , 1 x Optical
- Standby Power Consumption: < 0.5W
- Power Requirements (according to region) : 220-240V - 50/60Hz, 100-120V - 50/60Hz
- Product Size (mm) (W x D x H): 444 x 89 x 342
- Net Weight: 5.74kg
I would just like to thank the Bartlett's team for pulling out all the stops when an order failed to materialise through no fault of their own. Terrific service and would certainly shop with Bartlett's again.
Firstly delivery was estimated at 7-11 days - it was actually delivered by courier the next day (Free). Item was an excellent price and although it was advertised as used - it was absolutely mint. This is what internet buying should be like - well done all at Bartletts!
If I could give Bartlett's 10 stars I would....Quite superb service (a special mention for Simon here) - Buy from this supplier with complete confidence.